Director Shankar is known for churning out larger-than-life films with a much-needed social message. From Gentleman to Mudhalvan and Anniyan, his films always have an everlasting impact on the audience.
He always makes it a point to push his limits with each film. His film, Endhiran: The Robot was a pioneer in Tamil cinema in terms of the visual effects and concept. It was one of the best science fiction films of all time.
More than that, the audience got to see Rajinikanth's negative side after a long time. Eight years later, the audience is going to witness the sequel to Endhiran. However, the sequel titled 2.0 is not a continuation to Endhiran and has a new premise altogether.
2.0 features Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson playing the lead roles. The film deals with mobile phone menace and the harmful effects of radiation that is coming from the mobile phone towers.
LIVE UPDATES :
* In a nation where 3D films are not a huge favorite, Shankar’s 2.0 has created quite the buzz for its technology. With not a lot of crowd pulled for Telugu version in due to high prices on 1st day - Can’t wait to watch Shankar’s magic on screen.
* Maramanishi Chitti the Robo appears for some seconds.
* Amy Jackson looks her best - fit gorgeous and witty!
* Cell phones are shaking the city- both with them and without them public is put into trouble. Story would revolve around why and what’s of the Monster and his agenda.
* 45 miniuts of the movie pretty much has only mobile phones under visual effects.
* Monstrous bird does look scary in screen. Scenes between Chitti and the bird are super worth it. Cinematic masterpiece really!
* Akshay Kumar walks out of mobiles with swag! Movie shifts towards his story towards the internval bang.
* Akshay Kumar has sunk into the character of an old man. Unbelievably realistc- great makeup and body language.
* Pakshi raja (akshay kumar) story is revealed. Slightly slower with no major entertaining factors. 2 hrs into 2.0, has some high moments in terms of vfx n 3D.
* Slow pace can be a killer. No major story line either - dull in some parts
* Pakshi raja puts Vassegaran in a troublesome position. Chitti n Vasee together must fight off the evil Akshay Kumar!
* No major turns or twists as the movie paces towards the end. Highly predictable stuff! Rajnikanth is pulling the show alone keeping it all together !
* Time for 2.0! * Chitti gets upgraded to 2.0 doing the much needed justice to the title and film.
*Akshay Kumar’s Hindi dialogue lip moments are pretty evident!
* Call it fitness or makeup - Rajnikanth as chitti reloaded looks young n dashing! In his own words- he is lighting the screen on fire
* Top rated visual and 3D effects - last 30 minutes of the film is visually stunning. Chitti is killing it with his humorous attitude.
* Super hero, visual effects, 3D, Rajini fans - everyone is going to be happy with 2.0 Movie finishes with a message to all the creatures on earth. Wait for the end credits song before you rush out of the screens!
* 2.0 is guranteed to satisfy your Hype & intrigue. Predictable story with surprising 3D elements. 3.5 star movie with a 5 star 3D watching experience! Watch it with your kids, they will love 2.0.
* 2.0 has jaw dropping 3D watching experience! 2.0 is a game changer for Indian cinema You can feel Shankars passion in movie making & delivering a world class project to the audience. 2.0 is not just a film, it’s an experience. Hey Cameron, we have Shankar.