Superstar Rajinikanth is eagerly awaiting the release of his upcoming film Darbar, directed by AR Murugadoss. The film which is currently in post-production will release worldwide on January 9 worldwide. Lyca Productions, who funded director Shankar’s big-budget flick, is bankrolling this film as well.
Recently, the makers submitted the film for censors and the members watched the film. They have issued U/A certificate and proposed 11 cuts in the film. After Petta, Kaala and 2.0, Darbar is Rajinikanth’s fourth consecutive film to receive U/A certificate from the censor board.
Looking at the proposed cuts, the members had asked the makers of Darbar to cut the kissing scene in a mobile. They have also requested the makers to mute a bad word in Tamil and also asked them to cut the introduction sequence of Aaditya Arunasalam in the film.
Here are the proposed cuts:
1. Replaced the word "Mayiru” in Shot No.49. (Reel 1 - 06:53) (public decency)
2. Defocused the blood splash visuals in between Shot Nos.110 to 120 and 132 to 143. (Reel 1 - 09:04) (violence)
3. Trimmed the fight sequence whom Adithya’s introduction scene in between Shot Nos 110 to 175. (Applicant can retain 80% of the fight sequence) (Reel 1 - 09:59) (violence)
4. Removed and Replaced the visual of hitting on the private part in Shot No 94. (Reel 2 - 04:57) (vulgarity)
5. Defocused the visuals of blood splash while Adithya is stabbing the hand of the kidnapper in Shot Nos.124 and 126. (Reel 2 - 05:37) (violence)
6. Trimmed and Replaced the visual of kissing scene in mobile in Shot No.237 (Reel 3 - 13.10) (vulgarity)
7. Trimmed the visuals of shooting shots in between Shot Nos.36 to 80 (applicant can retain 80% of the sequence) (Reel 7 - 03:38) (violence)
8. Defocused the visual of shoe lying on Police uniform in Shot No 45. (Reel 8 - 02:21) (Defamation)
9. Defocused the dose up visual of blood splash in between Shot Nos.2 to 35. (Reel 8 - 00:36.01:02,01.40) (violence)
10. Reduced the duration of stabbing on the neck of a villain in between Shot Nos.407 to 419. (Reel 8 - 18:27, 18:41) (violence)
11. Digitally Reduced the visual of blood pukes out of villain's chest in Shot No.422. (Reel 8 - 19:07) (violence)