Thupparivalan is one of the super hit films in the South. Starring Vishal, the film released in Telugu as Detective. Mysskin is the director of the movie. The project became a big hit and the makers immediately announced a sequel. After a couple of years, the actor and director came forward to do the film. They started the film and in the middle of the production, Mysskin walked out of the film due to the differences with the producers regarding the budget. The director has sent a proposal to Vishal and the producers with 15 conditions. He said that he would make a comeback to the sets to finish the film if his conditions get fulfilled. But, Vishal took a decision to direct the film on his own and announced the same. Today, the first look of the film hits online.
The following are the fifteen conditions that director Mysskin put for Vishal.
1. Salary: 5 cores plus GST
2. Remake Rights: Director has the Hindi remake rights with respect to this movie. A producer has no rights on this. Director can sell the Hindi remake rights to anybody and that Producer will not have any objection on that.
3. IPR: Since this project will be the last one with Mr Vishal as a hero and Vishal Film Factory as a producer, all the intellectual property rights including title Thupparivalan, further sequels. prequels and character names including but not limited to Kaniyan Poongundran, Manoharan and all other characters in Thupparivalan and Thupparivalan-2 shall belong to the director. Vishal Film Factory shall provide NOC addressed to Tamil Film Producers Council for changing the title from Vishal Film Factory to Director's name.
4. Non-Exclusivity: Director shall work in other projects in tandem if shooting doesn't take place for more than 90 days from the start of the second schedule. If for any reason, shooting doesn't get finished within 90 days, Vishal Film Factory should agree to wait until the director gets free to resume the shoot.
5. Accessibility: Producer or his representatives shall have no direct access to the director. Director's manager, Mr Srikanth only be one point of contact representing the director. UK Line producer Mr Sarmad, appointed by Vishal Film Factory, will be the one point contact representing the producer.
6. Director's balance payment schedule will be finalised by the director once the above clauses are agreed.
7. All the outstanding payments to the director's staff (which shall include the usage of cars in the UK) should be settled upfront.
8. Shooting location: Director holds all decision-making rights to decide on finalizing shooting location. Producer or his representatives got no say whatsoever on this.
9.Budget: Director has no bearing on the film's budget. Director shall put the best effort to cut cost on the expenses. However, the director shall, in no way. responsible for the total expense the film may consume.
10.1st AD. Co-Director, Assistant Directors Salary : Shall be paid with salary as stipulated by the director every month until censor is applied.
11. Hotel Stay: Director and assistants shall be given with a separate accommodation of the director's choice which need not be amongst the other crew.
12. Office Rent: Office rent of Rs. 66,000 plus Rs 5.000/- maintenance shall be paid by the producers. TDS certificate, if deducted, shall be furnished before censor. In addition to office rent, other expenses such as electricity expenses, food expenses and other incidental office expenses shall be borne by the producer from the date of project inception until copy is handed over
13. Communication: All communications with regards to the project shall only be through email.
14. Infringement: Should the director be infringed in his creative freedom, creative decision, modus operandi or should the director or his staff be insulted, abused, threatened, ill-treated or anything that might disturb director's psychology, the director and his staff shall abandon the project then and there as and when such incident occurs.
15. Once all the above points are agreed. the essence of the same shall be reduced into writing in the formal agreement which shall be signed between Director and the Producer. DISAGREEMENT ON ANY OF THE ABOVE POINTS FROM THE PRODUCER WILL RENDER DIRECTOR TO FORCE HIS SERVICES TO VISHAL FILM FACTORY WITH RESPECT TO THUPPARIVALAN2.
Everyone is in an idea that the conditions that Mysskin put are too much and they are far from reality!