The much-awaited biopic ‘Yatra’ on late Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy the former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh is hitting the theatres tomorrow. Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy are producing this most prestigious project under their banner 70mm Entertainments. According to the sources budget of the movie is around Rs30cr and the movie has an impressive star cast with Mammootty playing the lead role as Dr.Y.S. Rajasekar Reddy.
Malayalam SuperStar Mammootty who is riding high on the success of his recently released film Peranbu, is returning to Tollywood with Yatra.
* Yatra titled symbolically in Padam, opens up to pics from YSRs past- a timeline of his life.
* In the first frame you see Anasuya Bharadwaj. In the second frame you directly spot Mammootty diving right into his life
* Flawless Mammootty opens the movie portraying the fearless YSR. He is set to be shown as a rebellious politician - with whom the high command, media and everyone else is easily upset. Rao Ramesh is seen in an important role.
* Helpless yet ambitious YSR. Remembering his fathers inspirational words (played by jagapathi babu) goes in a direction of hope. An emotional background song in an ambiguous situation.
* Prathi gadapa loki vellali ani undi.. ysr sets foot towards his Paada yatra like a person who has nothing to hide. The most prolific political stunt that was never witnessed before is about to begin.
*‘ They briefudu me. Don’t bother’ a quirky phone conversation by CBN
* Director touches every aspect of people meticulously during YSRs Paada Yatra - first the pension , next the farmer issue.
* Teary emotional scenes backed up a gut wrenching song by SPB ‘Pallello kala undi’.. all the people he helped and all the people who never knew much of him are sure to cry buckets. Yes it is quiet sentimental so far!
* Tdp obviously being the opposition party start plotting against hampering YSR’s Deeksha
* End of first half- Ysr gains extreme love and power from his people. Assures around pain areas as pension, free electricity, farmer issues and others.
* Mammootty is excellent by far but no where does he remind us of the great ysr. It maybe be because of his accent or that he just looked too good to be playing the rugged YSR.
* Directors strict adherence to the title PaadhaYatra might or might not work in his favor. Decently directed so far. Mammootty doing a fab job after almost 30 years in TFI. He completely owns the film so far keeping aside his requirement to imitate ysr.
* Second half has far too stretchy emotional scenes showing ysr as a righteous leader. Movie sits in a safe ground focusing on people’s issues and educating people on YSRs greatness. Gets a bit slow, emotional and boring in the second half
* Yatra only speaks about YSRs high points in life. Just before end credits Ysr is seen swearing as the CM. Paadha yatra Vijaya yatra ga maarina journey matrame ee Yatra movie.
* End credits will leave you emotional. Ysr real life footage to his last days in a glimpse. Just when Jagan’s footage shows up the whole point of the movie starts looking weird. Nonetheless #yatra is a one time watch for witnessing YSR’s greatness on screen once again.