Rajiv Satyal is a Los Angeles-based comedian/host. He’s opened for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in front of 17,000 people, and made the massively viral I AM INDIAN video, which was used to introduce the Indian Prime Minister in Shanghai and Dubai. He has been featured on/in NBC, NPR, Nickelodeon, Fx, Netflix, Bob & Tom, Times Now, Zee TV, Pandora, The Wall Street Journal, Variety, Advertising Age, The Huffington Post, India Abroad, and the LA Times. He co-created the world-touring Make Chai Not War, a Hindu/Muslim stand-up show. The U.S. State Dept. sponsored it, sending it to seven cities in India. The show became part of the Congressional Record after being mentioned on Capitol Hill to Secretaries of State Hillary Clinton and John Kerry.
Easan Katir, California Advocacy Director, is responsible for the education, policy implementation and community building in the region. He has been instrumental in founding Hindu temples and teaching dharma and yoga.
Who We Are:
The Hindu American Foundation (HAF) is a non-profit advocacy organization for the Hindu American community. Founded in 2003, HAF's work impacts a range of issues — from the portrayal of Hinduism in K-12 textbooks to civil and human rights to addressing contemporary problems, such as environmental protection and inter-religious conflict, by applying Hindu philosophy.
The Foundation educates the public about Hinduism, speaks out about issues affecting Hindus worldwide, and builds bridges with institutions and individuals whose work aligns with HAF's objectives. HAF's three areas of focus are education, policy, and community. Through its advocacy efforts, HAF promotes dignity, mutual respect, and pluralism in order to ensure the well-being of Hindus and for all people and the planet to thrive.
Terms & Conditions
1. All Sales are FINAL
2. All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. The person in whose name the ticket is issued must also be present at the door with valid photo ID.
4. A printout of the order receipt issued by sulekha.com should be produced at the venue.
5. If the event attendee is different from the credit card holder, a copy of the credit card used for ticket purchase must be produced along with the order.
6. Any failure in providing the aforementioned documents may result in denial of admission to the event with no refund.
7. In case of event being cancelled/postponed Sulekha will refund only the face value of the ticket and NOT the service fee.