A rare opportunity to hear the maestro perform ONLINE, exclusively for Shadaj on YouTube channel "Shadaj Baithak". The concert will be performed with accompanying artists and professional audio/video equipment. A high definition audio/video stream will allow us to enjoy the brilliance of Panditji's renditions. Do not miss this opportunity!
How to get access to the concert stream URL?
* All ticket holders and Shadaj members will receive a confirmation email before the concert with a private link to the online concert on YouTube. Please click the stream link (URL) in the email and enjoy the concert.
* Please ensure that you have a large screen device capable of displaying YouTube videos available. (ex. iPad, Laptop, smart TV, smart Phone)
* Although the concert can be enjoyed by all members of the household, we request you to not share the URL outside the household.
*Streaming will start 10 minutes ahead of the concert start time.
* The concert will not be replayed after the streaming is over. So please join on time.
* Scheduled concert is subject to safety restrictions mandated by the government of India and in case of unforeseen circumstances arising due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the concert will be rescheduled.
* All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Pandit Venkatesh Kumar (Vocal)
Bharat Kamat (Tabla)
Narendra Nayak (Harmonium)
Pandit Venkatesh Kumar is one of most revered and sought after artists for connoisseurs of Hindustani classical music. Pt. M. Venkatesh Kumar, joined Puttaraja Gawai’s Ashram and learnt Hindustani vocal in the Gwalior and Kirana gharana styles under Gawai for 12 years. He blends these styles effortlessly in his presentations, though he admits to influences beyond these gharanas, chief among them being Bade Ghulam Ali Khan of the Patiala gharana. His guru was also trained in Karnatak Music and as a result, there are traces of Karnataki elements, especially in his sargam patterns, in Kumar’s music. Pt Bhimsen Joshi invited him to perform at the Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Mahotsav in Pune and his performance there got him significant national exposure. He has received several prestigious awards such as the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, Padma Shri, Vatsala Bhimsen Joshi award etc.