RBI to issue new ₹20 notes in greenish yellow colour soon!
The Reserve Bank of India on Friday announced it will shortly issue new ₹20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. The RBI said that the base colour of the banknotes is Greenish Yellow. The new denomination has a motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country's cultural heritage. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devanagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘भारत ', ‘INDIA' and '20'
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
The dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm