20 students hospitalized after consuming mid-day meal in Guntur
At least 20 students of Ramakrishna Mission School were hospitalized on Thursday allegedly after they consumed mid-day meal in Andhra Pradesh's Guntur. The children were rushed to a hospital when they complained of vomiting and lost consciousness allegedly after consuming the food.
A similar incident occurred in Hyderabad on Monday when at least 40 children from Telangana Minority Residential school were admitted to hospital at once after consuming food from their hostel canteen.
According to the pediatricians in the hospital, the children had complained of nausea, headache, and vomiting. Akshaya Patra Foundation, which runs a school lunch programme across the country, served rice, dal, and curry to the students.
The exact reason for their illness was not revealed but the symptoms showed a typical case of food poisoning. According to the doctors, all the students are stable and no inquiry has been initiated in the case so far.