Bengaluru man burnt to death who lights a cigarette while cleaning an electric chimney

I had told him not to smoke in the kitchen, but he ignored me,
Written By Siddhu Manchikanti | Updated: October 27, 2019 17:34 IST
Bengaluru man burnt to death who lights a cigarette while cleaning an electric chimney

Bengaluru man burnt to death who lights a cigarette while cleaning an electric chimney
 
A 26-year-old Bengaluru electrician, identified as Shivakumar, died in a fire on Thursday after he lit a cigarette while cleaning an electric chimney using petrol. Lighting a cigarette while cleaning an electric chimney using petrol cost a 26-year-old electrician his life, after a fire engulfed him at his home in Siddapura, on Thursday.
 
Shivakumar's shirt and trousers caught fire as some petrol fell on him when he lit a cigarette. The deceased, identified as Shivakumar, was a resident of Byrasandra. He worked as an electrician.
 
On Thursday, around 6 pm, he started cleaning the chimney. Around 6.30 pm, when he lit a cigarette, some petrol fell on him, dousing his shirt and trousers. Within a fraction of a second, he was engulfed in flames. On hearing his screams, his mother Vijayamma rushed in, only to see her son ablaze.




Top