The recent guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs to resume more activities in areas outside of containment zones are set to come into effect from August 1st. After extensive inputs taken from states and UTs, a decision to keep colleges, metros, and cinema halls closed till August 31, 2020, was taken.
In a bid to bring India back on track to promote economic activities across the country, new guidelines were drafted by MHA. As per the guidelines, yoga institutes and gymnasiums are allowed to open their businesses to the public with effect from August 5. With this leniency, MHA has also issued strict warnings that all businesses must run their show with adherence to the SOPs issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Along with fitness industry MHA also gave a nod to the following:
• Inter & intra-state movement for people and goods.
• Limited capacity International Travel under Vande Bharat Mission
• Movement at night as night curfew will be removed
• I-Day celebrations with social distancing and COVID-19 containment protocols.
• Functions at Home, with social distancing.
For the last points, a separate order is yet to be issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
However, the MHA has said that it is State’s and UT authorities’ responsibility to strictly monitor and implement all the containment measures within the Containment Zones.