The situation of COVID-19 seems to be taking a toll on Mumbai and other areas in the country. After the Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar confirmed he had tested positive for the virus, people are sending him their prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. While the actor is thankful for all of them and he says the prayers seem to be working for his betterment, he has also decided to get himself admitted to the hospital. On Monday, Akshay took to his social media handle to reveal the same.
"Thank you, everyone, for all your warm wishes and prayers, they seem to be working, I am doing fine, but as a precautionary measure under medical advice, I have been hospitalised. I hope to be back home soon. Take care,” he wrote.
While announcing his reports yesterday, the actor had released a statement that read, "I wish to inform everyone that, earlier this morning, I have tested positive for COVID-19. Following all the protocols, I have immediately isolated myself. I'm under home quarantine and have sought necessary medical care. I would sincerely request all those that have come in contact with me to get themselves tested and take care. Back in action very soon.” The Khiladi actor was shooting for his upcoming film Ram Setu with Nushrratt Barrucha and Jacqueline Fernandes. It is said that Akshay had contracted the virus from the sets of his film.