Exclusive: Acharya, Sarkaru Vaari Paata, F3 shoots cancelled, RRR unit in dilemma

The second wave of Covid is showing adverse effects on the Telugu film industry in more ways than one.While multiple films like Love Story and Tuck Jagadish have already postponed, the makers of other bigges are now bright forces to halt shootings in the wake of Covid outbreak
Written By Sathvik SV | Updated: April 17, 2021 14:18 IST
Exclusive: Acharya, Sarkaru Vaari Paata, F3 shoots cancelled, RRR unit in dilemma

Now, we have an exclusive update on upcoming biggies like Acharya, Sarkaru Vaari Paata, and F3 which are in various stages of production.

The makers of Chiranjeevi's Acharya, Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata, and Venkatesh - Varun Tej's F3 have decided to call of shootings in the view of Covid second wave. They are not willing to take any risk with the safety of the cast and crew, hence the decision to cancel shoots.
Covid transmission is a real risk now and top stars are adamant to continue shooting while the Covid caseloads in the country are hitting new highs every day. Many Bollywood projects have already been stalled and Tollywood is taking a similar path now.
Acharya is in the final leg of the shoot and the makers had previously announced that the film will be releasing on 13th May. But that won’t be possible, given the unforeseen delay in the shoot. The film's release will be postponed to a later date. As for Sarkaru Vaari Paata, the unit recently commenced the second schedule but with Covid cases piling up at an alarming rate, the makers have opted to call off the shooting. The same is the case with F3 as well.
Meanwhile, the makers of RRR are in a dilemma. They are unable to decide whether to call off the shoot or go ahead with it. The stakes are exceptionally high on the project and Rajamouli is determined to complete the shooting at the earliest as he wants to set Ram Charan and Jr NTR free as they have already allotted a whole lot more time to the project than initially anticipated. The film is nearing completion and the unit planned to complete the shooting part at a stretch in the final schedule. But the onset of Covid 2nd wave has led to uncertainty. The final call on the shooting will be taken very soon.