Advertisement

Kartik Aaryan leaves SRK's production film Goodbye Freddie, gets into creative differences with the director

Kartik Aaryan opts out of Shah Rukh Khan's Goodbye Freddie, after he was removed from Karan Johar's Dostana 2; Read why
by Saumya Bansal | May 27, 2021 17:35 IST
Kartik Aaryan leaves SRK's production film Goodbye Freddie, gets into creative differences with the director

If the latest reports are to be believed, Kartik Aaryan has again got into trouble after he had some creative differences with the director of Goodbye Freddie. The film that had been produced by Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies, no longer has Kartik on board opposite Katrina Kaif. The one side of the story by a popular website says that Kartik has gotten into some creative differences with Ajay Bahl who's the director of the film.

 
A source close to the development told the website, "Yes, Kartik Aaryan was to feature in Ajay Bahl's social comedy that was being produced by Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies. However, the actor has now walked out of the project that was supposed to commence shoot in a few months. Apparently, creative differences developed between Kartik and the director Ajay Bahl due to which the actor decided on leaving the project. Kartik was not happy with the developed script as it was different from what was narrated to him as a one-liner plot.”
 
However, another trade source was quick to add that it was actually Kartik and not the makers who are to be blamed. Kartik didn't want to do another thriller film after doing Dhamaka. "Kartik Aaryan had signed on with Red Chillies over two years ago. Recently Kartik shot for Dhamaka during the pandemic which was a thriller. Post shooting for Dhamaka, Kartik informed Red Chillies that he felt that doing another thriller so quickly would not be apt for his career. He requested to opt out and his request was considered. The parting was amicable between Kartik and Red Chillies," revealed the other source. Even though the news has created much outrage among the netizens, who are back again at the nepotism debate, there hasn't been any official confirmation by the makers.


Advertisement


Advertisement


Top