Telugu film industry united at once, to spread awareness against Fake News. The film industry began a campaign called KillFakeNews initiated by Vijay Deverakonda
. Interestingly, Megastar Chiranjeevi
, Nagarjuna, and others also took part in it. Vijay Devarakonda wants the biggies to help him in chalking out a plan of action to put an end to Fake news. Vijay is upset with the reports written by a website which is very popular. Telugu film producers council too came up with some key points and gave a counter to the website.
In the Press Note, the Producers' council mentioned the following points. 1. At the outset, the Telugu Film Industry is shocked and bewildered to note that some Telugu News Periodicals, Websites, YouTube channels are resorting to publishing fake news, telecast mystified, and utterly false news pertaining to Telugu Film Heroes and other film personalities purely for the sake of their livelihood. They are spreading not only disrespectful and malafide News but going up to character assassinations. It is a shame on their part, for they are living by resorting to such misdeeds.
2. The recent act of one such Telugu News Periodical / Paper "GREAT ANDHRA" which could not digest the welfare activities, being carried out by "The Devarakonda, Foundation" established by Hero Vijay Devarakonda, started spilling venom through their unfound, unjustified and false news which is nothing that the said "GREAT ANDHRA" to blackmail tactic, may be to please their behind the screen Bosses and to receive the alms from them.
3. The person running the "GREAT ANDHRA" Newspaper started his activities from USA (Silicon Valley-Sanjose) and he could not run the show there because of stringent American Rules and Regulations, and therefore, he came back to India. He is now running the said Telugu News Paper underground from Banglore. He is getting this Newspaper printed from the press of a well noted Telugu Daily. Taking the advantage of political Big-Wigs, he is blackmailing our Cinema Industry for money, by giving false ratings to Telugu movies. Our Telugu Film Producers are losing huge revenue due to wrong Ratings given by this News paper. It is pertinent to mention here that this Person/Great Andhra is demanding huge amounts from Film Producers for writing positive ratings for their movies in his News Paper and Website.
4. The Devarakonda foundation is doing stupendous service to the poor which is acclaimed by one and all. They are open and transparent in their welfare activities. 5. The Telugu Film Industry, having noted the blackmail tactic of the "GREAT ANDHRA" and the false news Published in their paper and website again Devorakonda Foundation / Vijay, has condemned the said news and their blackmail tactic. The Heroes Sri Mahesh Babu, Sri Raviteja, Sri Rana Daggubati and Directors Sri Harish Shankar, Sri Vamshi Paidipally, Sri Anil Ravipudi, Sri Koratla Shiva, etc have voiced their concern against such news and extended their support to Hero Vijay Devarakonda Hero Mahesh Babu twitted that "some faceless person ready to do anything for money, disrespects, lies to readers and spreads misinformation all for his next pay-cheque ". Sri Mahesh Babu added that he wants to protect our beautiful Industry of Telugu Cinema and his fans.
6. Recently, the Telugu Film Producers Council has decided to call for a meeting with PROs / websites etc., to explain them the need to write true and reliable News pertaining to our Telugu Film Industry so as to instill confidence in the minds of the readers, but due to Corona Lock Down, the Producers Council could not hold the meeting with PROs, Cinema News Reporters, Websites, etc.
7. We, therefore, condemn the News that was published recently in "GREAT ANDHRA" against "The Devarakonda Foundation" and Hero Vijay Devarakonda and we extend our support to Hero Vijay Devarakonda for his welfare activities.
8. The Telugu Film Industry with one voice condemns The GREAT ANDHRA for its biased, false news and blackmail tactics.
The editor of the website in the discussion also gave a befitting reply to Telugu film producers. We have to see how the Tollywood film industry is going to counter-attack.