Fire breaks out in City Centre Mall Mangaluru

By Xappie Desk, February 21, 2019 14:43 IST

Fire breaks out in City Centre Mall Mangaluru

The fire broke out at the City Centre Mall in the city on Thursday, February 21. As per sources, the fire broke out inside the Food Court on the 4th floor of the building and thick fire soon engulfed the entire mall. Due to the mishap, KS Rao Road, Light House Hill Road, and nearby areas witnessed heavy traffic congestion. Fire personnel has been pressed into action and so far no casualties have been reported.
 
The witnesses say that panic-stricken people at the mall ran helter-skelter once the thick smoke started emanating and engulfing the mall. Several cylinders have been stocked up in the mall for the functioning of the reticulated gas connection to the Food Court and several pipes in the mall have already been melted due to the fire. Meanwhile, it may be recalled that the City Centre mall had become a topic of discussion even when the construction of the mall had begun.
 
Activists had opposed the construction of mall citing that the builders had violated the National Building Code. As per sources, the structure still does not have a Fire No Objection Certificate and the Completion Certificate from the Mangaluru City Corporation.



Top