WhatsApp is the world’s most popular messaging app. This messaging app is created for smart phones in the year 2009 by two former Yahoo employees, Brian Acton and Jan Koum. As of July 2021, WhatsApp has more than 5 billion users across the globe. WhatsApp is most common App on everyone’s mobile who are having smart phone. A large number of users also access the service through WhatsApp Web.
About WhatsApp Web:
WhatsApp was originally available for mobile devices only. The company launched WhatsApp Web in January 2015. WhatsApp Web is a web-based client that provides you with more flexibility on how you use this messaging app effectively. WhatsApp on mobile is widely used for personal communication, While WhatsApp Web is used mostly used for professional communication. The Facebook-owned app is available on all major platforms enabling users to have best user experience to chat, send files, make voice and video calls for free. They can also use these features on WhatsApp Web through online and also through its desktop apps. WhatsApp web enables them to access their conversations through a web browser. In simple words WhatsApp web is extension of user’s phone. WhatsApp Web is also updated with useful features to keep it at par with the mobile versions. WhatsApp Web simply mirrors the conversations and messages users receive from their mobile device. None of the messages are actually transferred over to the computer. Giving priority to security, everything still lives on the user’s phone.
How to use or install WhatsApp Web on your Desktop:
Go through the below-given steps to install WhatsApp web on a computer:
· WhatsApp Desktop: An app that you can download.
· WhatsApp Web: A browser-based version of WhatsApp.
How to view WhatsApp in a web browser:
1. Open your Personal Computer, laptop or tablet browser and open web.whatsapp.com for WhatsApp Web browser.
2. On an Android phone open WhatsApp app, tap the three dots at the top right and choose WhatsApp web.
3. On an iPhone open WhatsApp, open the settings icon at the bottom left and choose WhatsApp Web or WhatApp desktop.
4. Scan the QR code visible in your computer's web browser.
5. Then point your phone camera at the computer screen to scan the code.
6. WhatsApp Web will automatically launch in the browser and will remain active until you log out either from your computer or your phone.
7. You can select this option on your phone by returning to the WhatsApp Web menu and choose to log out from all devices.
8. To logout WhatsApp Web out from your computer you can do it by tapping the three dots icon at the top of the conversation thread, then choose Log out.
9. With this action you will logout WhatsApp Web from web browser.
How to install WhatsApp web on a computer:
1. Install the WhatsApp web desktop application, available for Personal Comaputer or Mac from whatapp.com/download.
2. Click the green download button to install the WhatsApp Web application on your computer.
3. Find the WhatsApp Web file in your downloads folder and double-click it to install.
4. To install WhatsApp Web on Windows computer, you need to follow the steps in the installer' and on a Mac simply drag the WhatsApp icon to your applications folder.
5. Start the WhatsApp desktop application and the process is the same as above.
6. With this WhatsApp Web app will keep you logged into WhatsApp until you choose to log out.
7. Whatsapp can only be installed on your computer if your operating system is Windows 8 (or newer) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer).
Note: For WhatsApp Web you need to have both the devices Phone and PC connected with an active internet connection.
Advantages of WhatsApp Web:
1 WhatsApp web allows users to share photos and videos by dragging them directly to the chat without any difficulty. This feature in WhatsApp Web is very much easy to use than the WhatsApp phone app.
2 WhatsApp Web has keyboard shortcuts which will help you in using the service more conveniently.
Following are the simple keyboards shorts for WhatsApp Web:
· Ctrl + N: Starting a new chat
· Ctrl + Shift + [: Open previous chat
· Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
· Ctrl + Shift + M: Mute the chat
· Ctrl + E: Archive chat
· Ctrl + Shift + U: Mark as unread
· Ctrl + Backspace: Delete chat
· Ctrl + P: Open profile status
· Ctrl + Shift + N: Create a new group
3 WhatsApp web has great feature which allows user to open multiple WhatsApp Web accounts on different browsers simultaneously. As the login process for WhatApp Web is very simple as it allows users to login as many accounts as they can.
4 One more crazy feature of the WhatsApp web is, User need not have to click on all the chats to read them. You can read them from the chat list and leave them unopened which certainly didn’t show bluetick to the sender. This is one the most liked feature by the users using the WhatsApp Web.
5. WhatsApp app Web allows users to pin and archieve chats. Users will just need to click on the drop-down icon on the individual chat of WhatsApp Web and tap on the suitable option. This feature of WhatsApp is similar to WhatsApp on the mobile phone.
Recently WhatsApp Web multi-device feature spotted
· To Start With, the multi-device feature might not support multiple smartphones.
· WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop and Portal are the only device formats
WhatsApp is testing different form factors on the beta version and it is clear that multi-device support launch is imminent. WhatsApp Web beta has been found with multi-device support. Currently, beta testers of the app are unable to access the feature however the instant messaging platform is expected to release at earliest.
WABetaInfo, a website that tracks new features on the messaging platform. The WhatsApp Web beta version was spotted by the same company. The report published by WABetaInfo shares a screenshot of the new feature and mentioned, “Make calls and send messages without connecting your phone. Use WhatsApp on up to 4 devices at the same time."
Along with the option of working on WhatsApp Web without the need to be connected to a phone and support for multi-device, there won’t be a lot of changes in the logging in process, as per the report. In this new version, the user might still have to log-in by scanning a QR code. Even if the primary device gets disconnected or is powered off, the chat will still stay online.
In the month of June, it was found on the beta version on a phone that muti-device support on WhatsApp will work on four devices and one smartphone. Indicating that new version of WhatsApp initially might not support multiple smartphones. WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Desktop and Portal are the only device formats Initially.
The Beta Version of the WhatsApp multi-device support is expected to roll out very soon. As per official announcement by the company chief, Will Cathcart and even Mark Zuckerberg the feature is expected to roll out within the next two months.
WhatsApp brings View Once feature for web users
On 12 July, Whatsapp introduced View Once feature for Android beta users to allow sending photos and videos as disappearing messages. Whatsapp now allows destroying of photos and videos after viewing once. Very soon they will introduce the same feature to IOS users. Facebook owned Whatsapp is rolling out this View Once feature for Web and Desktop Users.
View Once feature is introduced in the new version 2.2126.11 for WhatsApp Web or the desktop client of the platform. Company is rolling out this feature in a phased approach. Users who do not see this option need to wait for few more weeks.
View Once feature is similar to Snapchat and Telegram where users can send disappearing messages. If you see View Once button while sending the media, it means option is already available on your Whatsapp Account.
As the screenshot detection is not provided with this feature of Whatsapp, users can save the media without sender’s knowledge.
A New Archive feature is also being rolled out along with View Once feature in phased approach. More people will see this feature on their Whatsapp Account.